Tuesday 26 October 2010

bit of a catch up

Hi folks,



as usual its been a while since my last post, but that's been because I've been finishing pieces off so have had nothing to post.



The first piece is from a kit i purchased at a show in September, as some of you may know I've been enjoying dabbling in bead embroidery but have never tried to do a bib or collar as I've been unsure of the sizing. well i treated myself to a kit By Alison Nash to get an idea of the sizing and also how long it would take. I can tell you it takes a long time!


the black background itself took about 9 hours of solid beading, and that was just filling in the gaps so I'd say it took approximately 20 hours to complete from start to finish.





a slightly closer look at the beading. The beads used were primarily size 11 seed beads with a few size 15 to in the little gaps. I have to say it was a nice kit to complete even though i did have some issues with running out of various beads, but a quick email to Alison soon sorted that out for me. So will i be making any more piece similar to this?
Too right I will!! watch this space.

I'll post some more tomorrow (hopefully)

1 comment:

  1. This collar is stunning, Ruthie. Bead embroidery is on my list of things to try in 2011.

    Lisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete